Thursday, July 3, 2014

Infinity calling




My element has always been Fire. That sheer restlessness and need to constantly be on the move. Watch as things catch fire and crackle and crumble. But the ocean has been calling me. The sun is no longer something I want to protect myself from. I want to soak in the rays of the sun. Let it seep through every pore of my being. The ocean is calling me fiercely and I give in.I watch the gentle waves kiss the shores. I observe the ocean from a distance first. Her grace manifesting in the birds flowing onto the waves , the reflection of the sun in her body and the sounds of the infinite waves touching the shore together. 

I am no longer able to be just an observer. I want to be the experience. I walk up and slowly start letting myself into her arms. The water is sun kissed- warm. The sands are soft beneath the soles of my feet. I somehow cannot get my eyes off the sun as I start to use my body to carry me forward into her. Getting deeper, I find the darkness of the water increase. Darker shade of green. I cannot see too much but I know my feet have well lost their grounding. As I swim towards the sun, I do not want to stop. The sun radiates its energy into the horizon and I am certain every wave that is born from there carries this radiance all the way to where I am. Touching my body. This energy is different. It is not the same as sitting on the sands and soaking up. What I feel is the power of the sun and the ocean together. Some madness that makes me want to not stop. Some force that does not let me fear the depths of the ocean. 

As I become the experience , I am taken over. I reach far enough to not recognize faces on the shore anymore. I throw my hands back and feet up and look at the sky. Shut my eyes. I can hear the ocean. I am suddenly overwhelmed at the life the creatures in the ocean must have. As I open my eyes and look around me. Unable to fathom the depths of the ocean I realize what infinity could be. I am but a spec in this vastness. Insignificant. Finite. 

As I breathe in the smell of the ocean, I feel like I have taken in a small part of this infinity. As I waddle around the water, trying to belong here, trying to make myself comfortable - I know that it is going to take time. Every thing that is part of this infinity is infinite in itself first. The sun, the moon, the ocean, the living world beneath. 

Immersing myself in the ocean, I can feel my water element take over the fire. Slow and steady. 

I will keep coming come back. Closer to this infinity. Until I am one with it. Completely.

~ Ray 

No comments:

Post a Comment